Atlantic Wild Salmon is one of the most highly recommended fertility foods to include in your prenatal or pregnancy diet. It’s a low mercury fish and very rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Along with vitamins B12, Vitamin D, and selenium and intimately linked to brain, bone and thyroid health that will nourish you and your growing baby.
It’s very important to note that the salmon should be wild and not farmed salmon. Farmed salmon is polluted with toxic chemicals and is not a great health concern if only eating occasionally, but risks can add up if you eat often. I recommend you buy wild salmon over farmed salmon whenever possible.
Ingredients: ( Organic ingredients if possible)
2 Pieces of Wild Atlantic salmon, Bones Removed and Skin Left On
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1⁄4 Cup of Tamari Sauce
1 Tsp of Fresh ginger (Grated)
1 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
1 Tsp of Honey for a Sweeter Dish (Optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375 F
2) In a bowl, whisk together all the listed ingredients. This make’s up the marinade for the salmon. Let the salmon marinade for up to 30 minutes.
3) Remove salmon from marinade and reserve some marinade for later when serving.
4) Spray a baking tray with olive oil and place salmon on with skin to the bottom and bake for 15-20 mins, and the degree to which you like your salmon cooked.
5) Serve immediately with your favourite steamed green vegetables.
6) Pour the marinade and sprinkle with spring onion and sesame seeds to your liking.
Hope you enjoy!