Who doesn’t love a good slice of warm banana bread? Especially when it’s gluten free, diary free and refined sugar-free!
I have only started eating banana bread recently since finding this beautiful, healthy recipe from CocoHealth . My daughter Ava also loves this bread, and we are both addicted.
It’s the perfect bread to include in your prenatal or pregnancy when you are feeling like something sweet and healthy. It will leave you feeling very satisfied, and it’s high in good healthy fats, fiber and will regulate your blood sugar levels in between meals.
Stay away from Cafe banana bread as the majority have ample amounts of butter, sugar and white flour and will send you blood sugar levels through the roof. Not to mention the average serving is weighing in over 1300KJ, and you would have consumed you entire daily allowance before dinner.
Give this recipe a try as I know you are going to love it as much as I did, and it also freezes beautifully.
• 3 mashed ripe bananas
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
• 3 eggs
• 2 tbsp honey (or any sweetener of choice: natvia, stevia/maple syrup/rice malt syrup)
• 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
• 1 cup almond meal
• 1 cup buckwheat flour (can omit and sub for extra cup almond meal)
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Mix in a bowl bananas, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, lemon juice and eggs.
3. Stir in the almond meal, buckwheat flour, walnuts and honey or stevia etc
4. If mixture is too thick, add milk gradually as necessary.
4. Slice banana or add a topping of your choice. I added sliced banana and walnuts .
4. Pour mixture into a tin lined with baking paper and bake for approx 1 hr or until browned and cooked through.
Hope you have a beautiful week!